Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 15- Open letter to all the althletic ladies out there...

Dear Gym Ladies-

Your dedication to health and fitness is stunning. I am inspired every time time I walk into the locker room at 5:15am and it is filled with ladies of all ages and sizes. Our common desire for health, defined biceps and beautiful buns binds us into a sisterhood of athletes. May I always be a dedicated member of your ranks.

Sincerely, Rachael Erickson.


So you know how I said yesterday that I was determined to eat healthy...well, I did fine until dinner. Due to a personal crisis in the life of one of my best friends I made unhealthy choices. Yes, I use food for comfort. I have since I was a child and would come home from school and the house would smell of baked potatoes and meatloaf- and that food and smell represented 'home' for me. Hence, I still comfort myself (and others) with food. I am working on substitutes (talking to friends or family, exercise, reading, etc.) but it is slow progress.

Today we rocked BodyPump. I still can't quite figure out the right weights for each set but I am sweating and working my butt off in class, so that's progress of some sort. There was a grunting man in class today, which is distracting and I don't want him to breathe on me! Gross.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by my birthday which is in approximately 19 days. I finally remembered to weigh myself, so I have a starting point. Wish me luck and stayed tuned.

Food:
1 liter water
High Fiber Oatmeal with 1 cup cherries
Carrots with Hummus and EVOO
1 liter water
Turkey Chili with onions, peppers and kidney beans
1 Pear
1 liter water and 1 12oz diet coke
1 apple with 2 tbsp. PB
12oz diet coke
Turkey Chili or Oatmeal for dinner

6 comments:

  1. I know all to well. Every time I read your blog I am excited for you! It gets me motivated to do my best, but my psyche is just not there. I still feel like I don't deserve to be doing this for myself, and then I just eat chocolate, or chips and soda. UGH! Keep up the good work because I love reading how well your doing. I miss you tons.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael-
    Good Luck on losing your 10lbs. You can do it no doubt. I hope your friend is ok.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much love to you and realize you are among those dedicated gym ladies. You are closing in on the hardest part of the progress. Week 3 and 4 are when people start to dwindle out but remember it takes 21-28 days to make something a habit. Work through it and keep pushing yourself. Remember how good it feels! You are awesome!

    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    Confucius

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi honey it's Andrea and Dad at work were trying to get into Mom's account

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi honey God the meatloaf thing sounds good, and its been ages since mom and I have made that, but like you I just don't need it. You can do the 19 pounds very easily, if and only if, your persistance equals your motivation. Got your back covered Papa G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you can do it honey, I'm proud of you. Cimmy

    ReplyDelete