Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 17- Yes, I was doing it wrong...

So today's BodyPump was awesome. I really like in instructor and the moves. Unfortunately, I was doing everything wrong. See, I thought that I was getting the hang of all the moves and it was all beginning to be so easy. I even added extra weight to my bar today. The reason everything was getting so easy wasn't because I was turning into a major rockstar- umm, it was because I was doing the majority of the moves wrong. Yep, that's right. I'm supposed to be working my back and I'm working my biceps instead. The reason the tricep curls were so easy- my arms were to far apart on the bar and I wasn't keeping my elbows in. I was swing the weight up with momentum was I was supposed to be stable and working my biceps. So, after all, it's not easy. My body is aching. My triceps and biceps are burning. Tomorrow I think my thighs will tight in spinning.

Wizard is a little grumpy today so I won't mention too much except to say that she looks fabulous in her lime green sweater.

According to the scale at the Y I have lost 3.5 pounds since Monday. I am seriously doubting that this is true. First, because that would be impossible. Second, because the scale at the Y constantly tells me that it needs a new battery so I think it's just throwing up a random number and hoping that I'll be pleased with it.

Workout: 60 minutes BodyPump

Food:
1 Liter of Water
High Fiber Oatmeal with 1 cup cherries
Water
Carrots with 2 TBSP hummus and EVOO
Water
Turkey Chili with peppers, onions, and beans
Pear & Diet Coke
Water
Apple with 2 TBSP PB & Diet Coke
Dinner?

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could work out with you again, had a ton of fun! Keep up the awesome work. P.S. Can I have some of your Chili for lunch, it's snowing here and that sounds really good right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baby from and me. Andrea can't access your blog from home either (like mom) so she is going to ask her husband to solve the problem.
    To your blog with regards to the scale that is lying - they all lie. A major study was done by the Univ of Iowa and they found that because women use scales 99% of the time the manufactures purposely added 10 pounds to the scale just to make them feel good. In reality they didn't loose shit but, it boost their ego

    Lov u Papa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. "well, if it doesn't have a tail, it's probably not a dog"
    Anonymous, age 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem with signing the blog at home is a block on the pop up. After I added Blogspot.com to my list of sites that I allow pop ups, It WORKS!!!...I'm not sure that the Ericksons can do this without help from one of there lovely Daughters helping

    ReplyDelete