Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 26- Sugar Plums and Candy Canes

I'm the type of person that can be easily bored or distracted. Yes, I like bright, shiny things and I get my class off track because of my tangents about celebrates and their illegitimate offspring. Routine, although nice and predictable, makes me want to jump off a bridge. That being said, I need to try some new classes in addition to what I am doing. I love that exercise makes me feel, I actually love sweating (I don't love the pain part), I love getting up early, but I'm getting a little bored doing the same things. Wizard and I are slowing adding running, which is challenging and I enjoy- but BodyPump and Spinning are pretty much the same. I find myself cheating-and-or-looking-at-the-clock-to-see-when-class-is-going-to-end. Seriously, the only way I get through Spinning is to knock off the time in five minute increments "25 more minutes until the blood will come back to my ass..."

Here is my issue- when I get bored, whether with food or exercise or laundry or daydreaming or whatever, I just don't want to do it anymore (I know, I'm a child). If I wasn't meeting Wizard every morning I would've already given up on the gym and would be spending my mornings cozy in bed instead of in a smelly locker room. So to combat this, I am going to try some new class at the Y over break for a change. I really would like to test out BootCamp or Zumba...maybe even BodyFlow. The pool is even calling to me- maybe I can even get in some water aerobics.

Food is boring to.

Brace yourself.

I am about 90% sure that I am going to attempt going vegan as of January 1st. Besides the weight loss that would accompany a diet change, I also have animal-lover-versus-mindless-slaughter-issues and I want to have a very healthy diet. I don't want cancer. I don't want MS or ALS or heart disease or diabetes. I'm not going to get all preachy here, it's a personal choice. (Dad keep your opinions about my eating to yourself).

Wizard forgot to wake-up before coming to the gym this morning. She forgot breakfast, a book for tutoring, clean clothes for running this afternoon, deodorant, and to put weights on BOTH sides of her bar when doing the chest presses. Apparently, she was on her back lifting the weights and thinking to herself "Why is my right arm so much stronger than my left arm?". Seconds later- mystery solved= no weights on the left side.

I was pretty pathetic this morning myself. The cold has frozen my brain.

Workout: BodyPump and Running 90 minutes

Food: The usual

2 comments:

  1. Do they offer Bosu class???...If so you should give it a try. After the first class you will never want to do it again. Kinda like after spinning the first time. Your body will ache in places you have never felt before. The work out is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me laugh about Wizard. You guys both brighten my day! I can empathize with you on the getting boring part. It takes only 4-6 weeks for your body to get used to the excercise you're doing so right about now would be a good time to try new things! I love you for your honesty. Can't wait to hang out this weekend!

    "Restlessness is discontent-and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure."
    -Thomas Edison

    ReplyDelete