Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 22- Am I done yet...

Things I would rather do than change my eating habits:

1. Get a cavity filled at the dentist.
2. Clean the oven.
3. Go shopping with Meghan (possibly the ssslllooowwweessstt shopper in history- we once spent two hours deciding between a cross pendant or a four leaf clover pendant, seriously).
4. Pick up all the dog poop in MN.
5. Pick up all the dog hair in my house individually.
6. Walk around a California beach in a swimsuit.
7. Gargle Listerine until my mouth bleeds.
8. Watch a wedding shows marathon for an entire weekend on TLC with my sister Leah (who is a brilliant, creative person...and who also wants to be a wedding planner).

Reasons why I need to change my eating habits:

1. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer.
2. I don't have any cute clothes...and I want to shop.
3. I'm afraid of trying to get on a ride at an amusement park- what if I'm rejected because I'm too fat?
4. Airplane seats- nuff said.
5. I would like to live to be 100 and meet my great-grand kids.
6. Underarm jiggle.
7. I shouldn't be able to use my underwear as a parachute.
8. I would feel better inside and out.


Losing weight is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do. It's hard every time I try to do it- it never gets easier. Losing weight is harder than having two full-time jobs, harder than graduate school, harder than backpacking around Europe by yourself. IT IS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!! So...to all the skinny people out there who don't have to try- give your fat sisters a couple of breaks. And for all my fat sisters- I love you, keep your spirit up even when the world tries to put you down. And don't listen to Oprah anymore...that lady doesn't know whether she's comin' or goin'.

Workout: BodyPump 60 mins & Walk/Run 30 mins

Food:
The usual

3 comments:

  1. Hi it's Papa G read your blog in a minutes right now I have to go back to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogies that go with the weight lose. It can very hard to lose the poundage when you are in situatiion where there is always sweets and chips around. I know how you are baby and once thuv put your mind to something you stay committed, just have patience. I know you want to be thin just keep working and it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?
    Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!
    Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!

    Thought you would like this! Picture yourself as GI Jane! Love you.

    P.S. It doesn't get easier even when you are in shape. It's still something you have to work at everyday. And I'm not the slowest shopper ever and I want to make sure I make good decisions. I still wear the cross everyday.

    ReplyDelete