Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 16- The first day I wanted to ...

stay in bed. I woke up with a pounding headache, and I was so tired. It's December 2, which means I need eighteen layers just to let the dogs out to go potty. I hit snooze on my phone and spent the next five minutes thinking up over one thousand excuses to not go to the gym. Here's a general selection:

#47- It's better for the environment if I don't drive my car so much.

#185- The gym smells like ass and makes me nauseous.

#339- Maybe I could be a sumo wrestler- they are athletes AND get to eat tons of food, right?

#632- Sleep tastes better than thin feels. (I've never been thin, so I can say this.)

Long story short, I was at the gym by 5:20 for spin despite the fact that I wanted to kill someone with my bare hands. The instructor is awesome, the music is thumping, the wheels are turning. I literally had sweat running down my face into my eyes. Seriously, how often does anyone have sweat running down their face? I realize this isn't a pretty picture that I'm painting for y'all, but I was pretty proud of myself. Especially considering I'm hitting the hump- the novelty has worn off the gym, the food is still making me gassy, and everyone else is eating Christmas cookies. There's nothing that makes a fat-person-on-a-diet more mad than watching thin people, who invariably talk about how fat they are, stuffing their faces with cookies, cake, fudge, and ribs (okay, the last one is a stretch). But seriously skinny people, take some pity on your fat friends. Don't ask them out to dinner, don't make or bring them baked goods, and if you value your life, don't ever mention how hard it is to find a size double zero in Levi's. Try finding a shirt that will button in the front without gaping when your breasts are the size of watermelons.

Wizard is getting a little whiny too, luckily we have each other to bitch to. It's not so hard once you get to class, it's the getting up at 4am every morning, spending 15 minutes packing all the food I'm going to need for the day every evening, and going to bed at 7:30pm. I feel like a grandma, but at least the sun is down and it's dark.

Workout: Spin for 45 minutes

Food:
1 Liter of Water
High Fiber Oatmeal with 1 cup cherries
Water
Carrots with 2 TBSP hummus and EVOO
Water
Turkey Chili with peppers, onions, and beans
Pear & Diet Coke
Water
Apple with 2 TBSP PB & Diet Coke
Dinner?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honey

    Just read your blog and thought it was great. Never mind what thin people eat bunny just stick to your daily and weekly goals and you will reach the point where you can sneak a cookie without the worry. I give you credit for going to a gym I personally could always get a better workout at home. Yes they do smell like booty and god only knows what kind of germs are floating around. Anyway I signed in under moms account because I need to find out why I can do the blog thing at work but not at home. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously dad you make me laugh! Rachael, I was driving to work today without my coffee and thought of you. I was trying to rationalize how I could drive to Menomonee and get a caribou coffee. Realized it was impossible but I really wanted a mint mocha! Got a sugar free almond mocha instead. Needless to say it was the coffee and the company. You're awesome, love you!

    ReplyDelete