Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 14- Pass the Mashed Potatoes...

I hope all my peeps had an awesome holiday weekend- I want to say thanks to everyone who has read my blog and responded with encouragement through email, comments or actual face time. I love hearing from all of you, keep it up!!!

Unless you've been living in a cave, you know that Thursday was Thanksgiving. Wizard and I participated in our first ever "Turkey Trot" (hey, it still counts, even if we did walk it and there are pictures to come sometime this week along with my "before" pictures). Next year we're determined to run it with all the tight-wearing-people. I got some dirty looks because I wasn't wearing the tights. I'm going to have to pick up some of those, I really like the multi-colored ones that make you look like a disco reject. Also, need to get some padded shorts and a stronger bra...

Friday, even though there wasn't any school, we still got up (shout out to my sister Meghan who came with) and went to BodyPump at 5:30am. Yes, we are Rockstars, thanks for asking. I then cleaned my house and put up all my holiday decorations. Basically I was trying to find anything else to do besides grading the 5 pounds of papers I brought home (that's how I spent my Sunday, and I mean, I graded ALL DAY).

It was a fairly active weekend, but the eating wasn't so hot. I don't know why I have been craving pizza soo much. But today I officially start the healthy eating leg of my fitness make over. Eighty percent of what I've been eating has been good (fruits, veggies, chicken)...the weekends kick my ass. So from here on out, I am pledging to say more "NO, get that cake the hell away from me" and more "Yes, I would like another double-fiber-fill-me-with-gas-super-rice-cake, thanks."

Workout: Spinning 45 minutes (it totally kicked my ass today, yeah!)

Food:
1 liter water
High Fiber Oatmeal with 1 cup cherries
Carrots with Hummus and EVOO
1 liter water
Turkey Chili with onions, peppers and kidney beans
1 Pear
1 liter water and 1 12oz diet coke
1 apple with 2 tbsp. PB
12oz diet coke
Chipolte lite- bowl with 1/2 the rice, beans, chicken, no sour cream or cheese, guac, lettuce (grandma wants to go)

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good, don't forget Traderjoes pizza...600 calories for the WHOLE thing.



    Anonymous is the only way this damn thing will let me post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Carmel Apple Salad?

    1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
    4 unpeeled apples, cut up
    1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free fat-free butterscotch pudding
    1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip

    Mix all together and let set overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the padded shorts idea! I need to get some of those. You are a super rockstar! I hate anything to do with a bike!
    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Padded shorts are a must for me. One ride with them on and you'll never ride again without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachy justed wanted to say Hi and keep up the good work. I too am glad the turkey day has come and gone, I don't need all that food and then 3 days of leftovers..Love U
    Papa G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out! Appreciate it! I was sooo glad I got to go with you guys so thanks for bringing me! Seriously your blogs are awesome and you don't know how many people you are inspiring and that are working along with you! You are stronger than you will ever know!

    ReplyDelete