Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 7- Adventures in Spinning

Dear Mom,

I am afraid that I will no longer be able to bear you grandchildren because my business was crushed today in Spinning class. My chance for a cute butt is now taking precedence over your chance at immortality. Sorry about that.

XOXO- Rachael


Today was Wizard and my first attempt at Spinning. Let me give you a run down. The room is dark- plus. The bikes look like torture devices- minus. I was sweating like Lance on a hot day in France- plus. I discovered my bra is not strong enough- minus. Wizard almost fainted, making me look better- plus. Wizard totally kicked my ass at the standing up parts- minus. I peddled through the whole class despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I didn't have any blood in my lower extremities- plus. I discovered half-way through the class that my slow peddling was in fact caused because I am out of shape and overweight and NOT because the resistance on my bike peddles was higher than the other participants of the class (like I had been telling myself)- minus. The instructor is foreign, therefore making it harder for me to understand her commands- plus. The instructor is foreign, therefore making it harder for me to understand her commands- minus.

Overall, class was awesome and I'm going to try to maintain this high all day. Wizard helped herself to a donut, but hid in her room so I didn't have to see her eat it. We're solidifying some goals, here they are:

1. January 18th- Shopping spree for new clothes (umm...mom?)
2. Some 5k at some time, somewhere (I'm going to have to buy a stronger bra.)
3. Sprint Triathlon in August (yeah, well see)

Tomorrow is BodyPump.

Don't even ask about the weekend. Let's just say I discovered that you really can have too much grease (I didn't know that was possible), and I will never, ever eat onion rings again.

Workout: Spinning 45 minutes

Food:
12 oz coffee with 2 TBSP Hazelnut creamer (I refuse to give this up, it's my one pleasure)
High Fiber Oatmeal with 1 cup cherries
32 oz water
1 cup carrots with 2 TBSP hummus and EVOO
Salad with red lettuce, grilled chicken, yellow pepper, cucumber- no dressing/vinegar
1/2 of a date bar
32 oz water
1 medium apple with 2 TBSP PB (I will switch to natural/nut butter once the PB is gone)
3 pieces of Papa Johns Pizza- onion and sausage

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes the joy of spinning class. Just give it a few more times. You may want to invest in a pair of cycling shorts. Gel shorts at Sports Authority $50 WELL worth it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa G just stopped by the Library. He told me to tell you that your doing great and he's VERY proud of you. Keep up the great work.

    "Nothing taste as good as thin feels"

    ReplyDelete