Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22- The Things They Carried

So it has been a while since I have blogged. I did compete in the race, and although I didn't do well, I finished. I really wanted to run the entire race, but I kept falling on the ice and some of the snow was hard to run through (the sponsors didn't plow a trail for us runners). By-in-large, it was a disheartening experience. I expected a lot of myself and I wasn't able to deliver, which depressed me.

The week following the race I took off from the gym. As I said I was depressed with my performance and I wanted to give my body a break. I reevaluated.

Last week I went back to the gym. I was contemplating whether I wanted to do the next two races that I signed up for...and so far I have decided that I am going to compete. Sunday Wizard and I started our training for the duetelon, which is in May. We have a print out of a schedule that we are going to follow that leads right up the race. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. But here I go again.

3 comments:

  1. You don't give yourself enough credit!!! At least you ran in the race. How many people do you know besides Wizard who ran and FINISHED? You should be proud of yourself for at least doing it. Running through snow or sand is probably the worst thing to run through but you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Hang in there. It is amazing and inspiring that you set a goal and attained it. what a moral victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I knew you could do it!!!! Hang in there and take one day at a time

    ReplyDelete